Thursday, April 7, 2011

Post Burkina Faso happenings

Since my return from Burkina Faso, I have been asked to be the speaker at the men's breakfast in our church (no gratuity for a home body who speaks). Interest was very good with many questions. So was the food. We have someone who is a great chef for such events. I took some items with me which I have yet to distribute to my family and gave an outline map of Africa made of wood that I had purchased from one of the vendors who came to the guesthouse with items for sale. The women in our church have not been happy that they have not heard me speak and have asked me about it. So did one man who missed the breakfast. I tell them that I do not set the agenda and they are to go higher up (aka the ministers) as I just work here. Norm will be with our church on May 1 when he is in Ontario to attend the sessions of the Mennonite Church Eastern Canada. The Warkentins will be with us on June 19 when they will be in Ontario. Since our pastors will be away that day, I will be worship leader and be responsible for the administration of that Sunday. Welcome to these events. There must be flights from western Canada to the airport at Kitchener.

No comments:

Post a Comment